Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dialed Back In...

Welcome to July! Had a good week and a few days off, Gracie and I had fun while my better half was rubbing shoulders with the Hollywood elite for a week! We shared time between Greenville and Huntsville.

So my nutrition is finally in check and the weight is starting to come off. The workouts really have not started as of yet. The apartment complex here in Huntsville has a small workout room that does have a few ellipticals but is really lacking in the strength equipment department. I'm going to hit those ellipticals this week and search out a good fitness center. I would like to find one that has a decent indoor pool and strength area. I think I've found a good one but I'm going to spend this week just making sure there isn't anything closer. I'm going to hold off on the running until I'm down about 25 to 30 pounds. Just need to save my knees and ankles as much as I can, no need to pound on them if I don't have to. I need to remind myself that the goal is just weight loss at this point.

As far as nutrition goes I've cut all simple carbs out of my diet and in fact most complex carbs as well. My meals consist of meats, cheeses, and veggies and will for the next few months. My body responds very well to this kind of nutritional approach.

Well, back to work, lots to do and stay tuned for some workout reports, the running man is dialed back in!

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

Good to see you back. :)

E.J said...

It sounds like you travel quite a bit, and try to do the best you can with regards to exercising while you are on the road. Have you ever considered buying a piece of equipment, such as the GlideCycle, to take with you? It is a low-impact trainer. It allows you to run outside, while reducing the impact on your joints. One of its benefits is that it can be disassembled and fit into a bag, so that you can carry it on your back. My husband takes ours on the road with us when we travel. The company's website is www.glidecycle.com if you are interested in learning more about it.