Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Back to Strength

Run: 3 Miles
Time: 28:10
Pace: 9:23

Today was my first day back hitting the weights and I feel like my shoulder held up really well. It is a little sore but hopefully will continue to get better. To my surprise I really didn't lose much strength in most exercises so I was pleased with my performance!

Tonight we had a good dinner and then off to play around with Gracie! She chased me around the back yard with a broom, we had fun! She is really growing up fast it seems now and I feel like if I blink she will be asking for the keys to go out with her friends...not ready for that.:) Anyway, she seems really excited to go to school this fall. We are just waiting to go have our interview with the principal. Each new family has to go through an interview process before being accepted...geez seems like alot for just k4...oh well.

My nutrition is going well and I have increased my calories over the past few days. In fact, this morning I got on the scale and was surprised to see 200 pounds. I guess I'm just holding onto some water or something very interesting to be up 3 pounds. No biggie, as the mileage increases the weight will be falling. I think I'm addicted to egg white omelets and grapefruit, easily my favorite meal.

Here's the rundown from today's strength training:

Hammer Curls: 4x10
Flat Flyes: 4x10
Regular Curls: 4x10
Bench Press: 3x10
Incline Press: 3x10
Standing Calf Raises: 3x10
Lat Pulldown: 3x10
Isolated Bicep Machine: 3x10
Weighted Crunches: 4x10

Tomorrow brings a 4 mile easy run and a strength session. I'm really looking forward to the continued strength workouts and I hope the shoulder holds up well. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday morning and go run! - Jason

7 comments:

Runtime said...

Heya Jason! Just checking in... still following your marathon quest, and I know you will prevail. Keep the faith... the finish line will be yours.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that your shoulder held up. Hopefully it was just a one-time thing.

God bless fathers of little girls. I don't envy you in 10 years. I have three boys...at least I understand them even though I can't often get them to listen.

Wes said...

The improvement in our running times continues to impress me! Glad to hear the shoulder is getting back to number. Onward and upward!!!

Michelle said...

Nice job on the training, Jason!!

I hear you about kids growing up too quickly. Kara starts preschool next month, and I am excited yet sad at the same time. It seems like just yesterday she was born. *sigh*

Neese said...

it's good that you don't obsess over 3 pounds...there's bound to be some flucuation there indeed - excellent job on the pace...remember you used to be in the 11's? i'm still back here yelling wait up! lol

Unknown said...

My weights been bouncing between 186 and 190. I know I need to get my eating habits under control for things to start coming together. I plan on getting a gym membership when I get back from a mini-vacation this weekend. I'm glad you list the exercises you do so I could follow your lead.

Marcy said...

Awesome job Jason!!

I totally hear you on the school thing. Even though mine is only starting preschool, I'll probably have a mental breakdown when the first day of school arrives LOL