Friday, June 29, 2007

Weight Loss Train...


This week just seemed to fly by and its now time for some weekend fun!

My niece turns 8 tomorrow so we are headed over to Rock Hill, SC. for her party which is about an hour away. Gracie is so excited and went out today and got her cousin a couple of gifts so it should be a fun time. There will be lots of pizza, cake, and ice cream but none of that will enter my stomach. I will be preparing my own meal and taking it with me. I'm now at a new cutting low of 203. Not much longer now and I will finally be below the 200 mark! I'm also seeing some great improvement in strength at the gym as several exercises have increased in weight over the last week.


For my strength workouts I'm using almost all dumbbell and barbell exercises. I love the free weights. I do use a few of the Hammer Strength machines for quads, hamstrings, and sometimes biceps but mostly free weights. My waist size has now gone down another full size as I'm now in my 34 shorts! It feels really good to pull clothes out of my closet, try them on, and them being way too big to wear. That's a great feeling!

My running this week has been non existent but I'm really ok with that because I will be running enough come July 9th. I am going to get a few runs in this weekend just to keep up some running but my mileage for June will be the lowest since October of last year. That will soon change! I've been doing some research on this new training concept that is very similar to what I've been doing over the last month. This concept addresses nutrition and workout frequency. I'm still reading so I will share more when I educate myself more, if that's possible!:) The pushup challenge is going great. Tonight will be 29 pushups and hopefully this time Gracie won't try and add 56 pounds to me. Talk about challenge!:) I found this picture of me this week at my heaviest weight and was floored. I will scan the photo in and post it this weekend. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

I hope everyone has a great Friday night and Saturday morning! - Jason

4 comments:

Wes said...

Jason, that's all so really, really cool. I'm right there with you where clothes are concerned. I just bought me a new belt, and I'm pinching the old 38s in so they fit my new studly waist size :-) You should get Gracie to add that 56 lbs all the time! No pain no gain bro! Sub-200, here you come!!

Marcy said...

That's is so GREAT Jason!! Waaayyy smart of you to prepare your own meal before going too! Do you have an actual number in mind? As far as weight goes? It really won't be long before you're dipping below the 200 mark!!

J~Mom said...

Awesome!!!!!!!! Having clothes get too big feels so good!! It is the best feeling and shows your hard work is really paying off!!

Mary Gee said...

Putting on too big clothes is a very happy thing!