Monday, April 30, 2007

First Strength Workout

Well, my first strength workout is in the books. Here's the rundown...

Bench Press: 4 x10
Incline Bench: 3 x10
Weighted Crunches: 4 x15
Decline Bench Press: 3 x10
Dumbbell Flyes: 3 x10
Standing Dumbbell Curls: 3 x10
Hammer Curls: 3 x10

After my workout I came home and had a great meal of 8oz Ground fat free turkey and 1 cup steamed broccoli. On my strength training days my protein amounts will be higher and on my running days my carbohydrates will rule. On two a days I will stick to a higher carb diet for longer sustained energy. Here is the breakdown...

Running Days/Two a Days:
50%carbs
30%fat
20%protein

Lifting Days:
40%protein
30%fat
30%carbs

Tomorrow morning will be my first run since my half last Saturday. The plan is to run around 4 miles at a nice easy pace. The run is the easy part, getting up earlier will be the challenge! I will be laying out my running clothes and hitting the sack early tonight. Have a great Monday night and be safe! - Jason The Running Man

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your lifting splits a lot. You get good separation between similar muscle groups. Just keep the reps up and the weight moderate. You want to add strength but not bulk that you are going to need to drag around the race course.

Great plan!!

J~Mom said...

I am so impressed with all of your planning! Keep up the great work!

Gotta Run..... said...

Question - How many days a week are you running? I would suggest no less than 3 with one of those as a long run. Duathlon countdown is pretty close.

Shane A. Jones said...

Good job on losing all that weight. Your family must be very proud. I found your blog on Gabe's and thought I'd check it out. Be sure and get those long runs in! They'll help you get through those last few miles of a race much more comfortably.