Thursday, April 19, 2007

Final Workout

Cross Training: Elliptical
Distance: 4.26 Miles
Time: 50:00

Final workout is complete and a very solid workout to finish on. Got to the gym around 9:15 tonight and it was empty. Jumped on the elliptical and away I went for 50 minutes and 4.2 miles.

I feel like I did my best to train for the race and I look forward to the mental challenges that await me on Saturday because I know they will come but I'm ready to tackle them head on. Zero carbs day two is in the books and I have to say I feel really good. The best part will be tomorrow morning when I dive into my first meal. I am going to have...

Meal #1
2 - Whole Eggs - Protein/Fats
2 - Slices Organic Flourless Grain Bread - Carbs
2 - Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties - Protein
32oz Water

Meal #2
2 - Slices Organic Flourless Grain Bread - Carbs
2 tbsp - Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter - Fats
1 - Large Banana - Carbs
32oz Water

Meal #3
1 - Can Progresso Traditional Chicken Noddle Soup - Carbs
32oz Water

Meal #4
1 - Oatmeal Walnut Raisin Clif Bar - Carbs


Meal #5
2 - Cups Wholewheat Pasta - Carbs
1 - Cup Organic Tomato Sauce
8 - Ounces Fat free Turkey - Protein
2 - Slices Organic Flourless Grain Bread - Carbs
1 - Small salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, mushrooms, carrots, onions, and feta cheese)
1 - Can Cherry Diet Pepsi

Meal #6
3 tbsp Cream of Wheat - Carbs
1/2 cup - Organic 2% Milk - Fats
2 tbsp - Ground Cinnamon
2 - pats all natural butter - Fats
4 - packets of Splenda
32oz Water

SATURDAY Morning - 5:30am
2 - Slices Organic Flourless Grain Bread
2 - tbsp Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter
1 - Large Banana
32oz water

There's a snapshot of my meals leading right up to the race. The last time I had any bread was back on April 10th. I'm ready to bring on the carbs. Tomorrow I will be looking to pick up my packet and make sure I know where I need to be for the start. I'm not familiar with Greer at all so I think I will drive down tomorrow and just get a lay of the land so there is no second guessing or getting lost on Saturday morning. I don't want to have to think about directions or anything but focusing on the race. Well, have a great Thursday night. - Jason The Running Man

2 comments:

J~Mom said...

Your meal plan looks great!! You are doing awesome! Good luck this weekend!

Unknown said...

You've done the training and you are ready! Enjoy the race and have fun. You know that, no matter what, you will score a PR. Just go easy early and find a groove. I'm looking forward to the race report. Good luck!