Sunday, February 4, 2007

Windy Ride on Super Sunday

Ride: 10 Miles
Time: 1:07:54
February Totals
Running Miles: 5.6
Bike Miles: 10
Weight Loss: 1 Pound

Today was easy bike day for me. I got out around 2pm this afternoon and the wind was just blowing me around. My route takes me over several hills and when the wind is 21mph blowing straight at you it made it very difficult. Even so I got in 10 miles in 1:07:54. I'm actually really excited about that. Almost half the distance I will go in my duathlon in June. Not bad for only my second time on the bike in over 5 months.

Training Plan
So, here is an overview of my training plan starting tomorrow morning.

Week 1
Mon: Easy Bike AM (5.6 Miles) - Strength Training PM
Tue: Easy Bike AM (5.6 Miles) - Easy Run PM (2 Miles)
Wed: Easy Bike AM (5.6 Miles) - Strength Training PM
Thur: Tempo Run 5 Miles - 1 Miles warmup, 3 at tempo, 1 Mile cooldown
Fri: Easy Run (2 Miles) AM - Strength Training PM
Sat: Rest Day
Sun: Long Run 7 Miles

Week 2
Mon: Rest Day
Tue: Easy Run (3 Miles) AM - Tempo Bike (5.6 at Tempo pace) PM
Wed: Easy Bike (8.4 Miles) AM - Strength Training PM
Thur: Speedwork (5 Miles 3x1600 w/800 warmups & cooldowns)
Fri: Easy Run (2 Miles) AM - Strength Training PM
Sat: Long Bike Ride (10.8 Miles)
Sun: Long Run (7 Miles)

Week 3
Mon: Easy Bike AM (6.5 Miles) - Strength Training PM
Tue: Easy Run (3 Miles) AM - Easy Bike (6.5 Miles) PM
Wed: Easy Bike (6.5 Miles) AM - Strength Training PM
Thur: Tempo Run 5 Miles - 1 Miles warmup, 3 at tempo, 1 Mile cooldown
Fri: Easy Run (2 Miles) AM - Strength Training PM
Sat: Rest Day
Sun: Long Run 8 Miles

There is an overview of the first three weeks of my training. I will probably be tweaking the mileage as I move forward. I also may change my speedwork sessions as I move through the weeks. I will be adding "brick" workouts, and plan on doing those once a week starting from week five to week 16 leading up to my race. The other thing I may add is some speedwork on the bike. Still thinking about that. The running builds up to a long run of 13 miles and I will at least work the bike mileage up to 25 miles. I will not sacrifice a rest day as those will be important with this plan. My morning workouts will start at 5:30am and my evening workouts will start after 8pm. Now on to my nutrition plan.

On my two a day training days I will be consuming roughly 3100 calories a day and on my single training days I will consume around the 2500 mark. The exception will be on my long run and bike days. I may get more calories on those days. I still want to lose the max 2 pounds a week so I will be monitoring my weight loss and my energy on full days, and try and find that balance. The breakdown for those calories will be 50% carbs, 30%fat, and 20% protein. It will be a challenge but I will find it.

This training plan will be a challenge but I'm ready to take it on full steam ahead. I hope everyone has a great Super Bowl Sunday and I guess I'm going to pull for the Colts and Peyton Manning.

Colts - 38
Bears - 24

Enjoy the game! - Jason the Running Man

4 comments:

Mir said...

Thanks for your comment! I like your blog too and I'll keep checking on your progress as you aspire to all your goals. Congrats on how far you've come already--you look great!

1:42 left in the game and it looks like the Colts have it. Go Colts! :)

keith said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm envious that you can still bike right now! I don't think there are many of us Minnesotans hardy enough to even be outside right now...it's -17 this morning!

Ron said...

Thanks for your comment. I think you feel like I do. Doing this blog-thing is a way to release the thoughts you have on a long run.

See ya on the road.

Unknown said...

thanks for stopping by my blog.

my last bike ride was on a windy day too...not my idea of fun.