Thursday, February 8, 2007

Temptation

Last night my wife and daughter sat down for dinner and while I was eating my eggs and sprouted grain bread toast they were digging into there freshly baked pizza! Of course, the whole house smelled of freshly baked pizza which only made it worse. I wanted to dive right in but I didn't. I was able to overcome that temptation.

So, this morning I get to work and my boss brings in a bag full of fresh assorted bagels with full fat cream cheese. I wanted to dive right in but I didn't and once again I was able to overcome that temptation. Could I have eaten a bagel with cream cheese and not gained any weight? Sure, but it's not about gaining weight as much as it is being disciplined and sticking to my plan. Temptation is not an easy thing to overcome but I'm determined to be successful.

If your struggling with temptation keep fighting, and never ever give up. How bad do I want it? Bad enough not to eat a bagel! What is the "it" for me? To complete my marathon, to complete a duathlon, to complete a triathlon, to complete a half Ironman, to complete an Ironman, to complete an ultramarathon, and most importantly to be fit and heathly for my family. The "it" are my goals, what I want to achieve in life. The "it" is what drives me to pass up that bagel! So, when you tell me its just a bagel now you understand that it's so much more then just a bagel.

Here are my nutrition totals from yesterday:
Calories: 2008
Carbs: 258g (51.39%)
Fat: 65g (29.13%)
Protein: 98g (19.52%)
Saturated Fat: 11g
Sugar: 38g
Fiber: 32g
Water: 96 ounces

Tonight is my tempo run. I will do a one mile warm up, three miles at tempo pace, and a one mile cool down. Check back for tonights update. - Jason The Running Man

6 comments:

miss petite america said...

i'm trying to cut out white starches for just 30 days and i'm only 3 days into it and i totally know what you mean by temptation. but it does feel good to know your conviction is stronger than your impulse :) good luck!

Ryan V. said...

Nice blog. Good luck w/ the running. In 1998, I weighed 50 lbs more than I do now, and my waist was 6 inches bigger. It's amazing to compare "before" and "after" photos. Keep up the good work!

runliarun said...

I cannot but be in awe of how far you look down the road, in the future. I am afraid I am a bit... short-sighted.

Michelle said...

Hello!!!

I'm glad you found my blog. Now I am visiting yours!!

Good job on not giving in to the temptation. There are days I wish I had more will power when it comes to food.

I'm adding yoiur blog to the ones I read daily!

Tall Girl Running said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!... I'm following the link to return the favor.

As far as food temptations go, I've pretty much decided cravings will always get the best of me. So, I've adopted a mantra: I run so I can eat and eat so I can run.

At least that's what I tell myself when I polish off that last bite of cheesecake.

Runtime said...

rkHeya Jason! I know what you mean about discipline… I just finished a very rough part of my training and I was so tempted to take a rest. I like your blog and look forward to reading future posts. Good luck on your journey and see you at the finish line. Well… except those ultra-marathons and triathlons and the like… too much for me. =) Best to you and yours.