Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Feeling Stronger

Tonight was strength training night. I got to the gym around 9pm tonight and had a great workout. I stuck to my normal routine of exercises and got in and out. I don't like to waste time in the gym. I rest a minute and half to two minutes between sets and with some I will work two different muscle groups one after the other. I'll do my first standing calf raise set and then jump right to the lat pulldown machine and do a set then jump right back to my second set of calf raises and that really helps me get my heart rate up. Can't do that when the gym is busy but that's one of the reasons I go at 9pm.

Here is a rundown of my workout:

Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 25
Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 10
Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 15
Regular standing curls: 3 sets of 15
Bench Press: 4 sets of 10
Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 10
Leg press: 4 sets of 20
Weighted Crunches: 3 sets of 10

Tomorrow is my 5 mile tempo run. I'll be doing a 1 mile warm up, 3 at tempo, and a 1 mile cool down. I hope everyone has a great night. - Jason The Running Man

3 comments:

Hey Zeus said...

Jason, It's a small world. I used to work for Ryan's (Greer, SC) as a Corp Recruiter and I lived in Charleston, SC for about 4 years. My son, Cooper is named after the Cooper River and when he is old enough we are making a trip to run the Cooper River Bridge 10k. He has the poster of the 2004 race in his room, the year he was born. Keep running and stay healthy.
Rick

Unknown said...

As a former gym rat.. Nice Work out

FreddyBeachPete said...

Hey Jason,

Thanks for visiting my blog. When I have a second I will add a link to yours. It is -25 here in "Freddy Beach" today so I am dreaming of weather like you have !!