Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Counting Blessings

Run: 2.8 Miles
Time: 32:54 (11:45 Pace)
February Totals
Running Miles: 8.4
Biking Miles: 10
Weight Loss: 1 Pound

Tonight was an easy paced 2.8. I didn't get out to my run until 9pm. The weather wasn't bad tonight with the temp. a mild 42 degrees and clear skies. In fact the sky was so amazing it was like every star was on its own stage shining bright...amazing. It's a good thing I looked down from the sky when I did because I almost ran straight into a parked car on the street! Youch...close one.

Now that I have everyone laughing at my expense, the run was exhilarating and I just wanted to keep running and running and running...like Forest Gump. Such a high when I finished and I can't wait to do my long run on Sunday. I feel so blessed to be able to run everyday, it's so easy to take things for granted. Just when I think I have it bad or I catch myself complaining about things I read or hear about a story that puts things into perspective for me.

Tonight I find myself counting my blessings and I hope you can too! Have a great night and I will update tomorrow morning on my morning workout. - Jason The Running Man

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One time awhile ago I was running to cross the street and as I was crossing I saw on the other side a beautiful church and I was admiring it as I ran across. The problem was that when I got to the other side of the road where the church was I was still looking at the carvings in the church and forgot about eh curb up onto the sidewalk and fell face first onto the sidewalk.

Amethyst said...

Jason, your blog is truly inspiring. Keep up the great work.