Tuesday, February 6, 2007

I fought the Morning...

and the morning won! Yep missed my workout again this morning. I probably got around 4 hours of sleep last night, again not enough to get me up. I woke up at 6:30 this morning which does not give me enough time to get my workout done and get to work on time. I'm not new to working out in the early morning back when I was working on losing the 100 pounds I did a majority of my workouts in the morning. I also was getting around 7 hours of sleep then. Tonight I have 2.8 miles and I'm going to make sure I get at least 6 hours of sleep.

I have an easy bike ride scheduled for tomorrow morning and this thing is NOT going to beat me. I will win this battle. The two bike workouts I missed were 5 mile easy rides just getting my cycling base down. If I don't get a chance to make it up this afternoon I will do them on Saturday morning. I knew it was going to be a challenge but just like I said last night I will win the fight and tomorrow I get a chance to prove it.

Have a great Tuesday Morning. - Jason The Running Man

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found your site through my brother's blog runron. Your site encourages me because I too am on a quest and have started my own blog. I'm 5'8" and on Dec 28, 2006 I topped the scales at 284 since then as of today I'm at 239 that's 45 lbs in 4o days my goal is to be down to 160. I am also training for a marathon in Nov in Chattanooga TN. I give all credit to God for giving me perserverance and I know He will see me through to the end. As soon as my blog is ready I will let you know where it is in case you would like to take a look.
Randall Hosea
Associate Pastor and Assimilation
First Baptist of Riverview, Florida

Ashley said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, because it enabled me to discover yours! And I can definitely empathize with days when you "fight the morning" and the morning wins. But hey -- sometimes your body just needs the sleep more than it needs the workout!

Take care & keep up the great blog!

Unknown said...

good luck getting back in the morning workout habit.

for me, if i don't get my workout in the morning, the chances of it happening are slim to none.

but when that alarm goes off at 5am, it's often a struggle - the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.