Thursday, February 15, 2007

Running Hard and Feeling Blessed

Run: 5.7
Time: 1:07:38 (11:52)
February Totals
Running Miles: 33.1
Biking Miles: 19
Weight Loss: 2 Pounds

Tonights run started at 8:30 this evening with the temp around 28 degrees. The run was really uneventful until about mile 4. From mile 4 to the end was brutal. That last 2.7 miles tested everything I had and then some. Just seemed like every muscle in my body was screaming, to the point where I almost abandoned the run. I really don't know how I finished that last 2.7, oh yeah I remember, my faith.

Once I finished stretching I went in and took a shower and now I feel much better. I seem to really recover quickly, so that's good. Not sure why I had the problems I did. I think I jinxed myself yesterday when I was rambling about how good yesterday's run was. I guess that's what I get. I still feel so thankful that I have the ability to have bad runs and I'm feeling really good about my training. It's so easy to fall prey to negative thinking but I'm determined to succeed and with my faith and family support I will be successful. - Jason The Running Man

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I think we all have a crummy run once in a while. Pushing past the mental stuff and finishing what you set out to do is great!!! Way to go!

Unknown said...

We all get tested from time to time..it is what you do when you get tested is what counts

Rebecca Yoon said...

Good job, Jason! It's encouraging to read.

This wkd is my 2nd 5k and I'm concerned about the weather. It'll be about 30 degrees when I run, and I'm not used to that in FL! Any advice?

I hope to improve my time! But we'll see...

Rick said...

inspirational to read your journey, sir - sitting on my hiney @ 300+, it's past time to start doing something, too.