Saturday, February 3, 2007

Building Strength

This morning I got up and had my morning Clif Bar (Oatmeal Walnut Raisin) my favorite and headed off to the gym. My strength training is progressing nicely. Here is my workout from this morning.

Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 25
Lat Pull Downs: 3 sets of 10
Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 10
Regular Curls: 3 sets of 10
Leg Press: 4 sets of 20
Bench Press: 4 sets of 10
Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 10
Decline Bench Press: 3 sets of 10

Workout felt good and not a lot of soreness. Tonight I'm going to do another easy paced 2.8 miles. My wife is at a wedding shower so its just me and my daughter Gracie today. I think I'm going to take her out on a daddy daughter date!:) Looking forward to that. I will post my finalized 16 week training program tonight as well. Have a great Saturday.

4 comments:

Brad "el ZappoMan" HG said...

Jason, you commented on my blog so I thought I would give you a shout out on your blog.

Good luck on your training.

Here's a odd coincidence... your comment on my blog was on my "Rock Climbing" post, which was about taking my daughter and her other Y-Guide friends Rock Climbing. Well, in Y-Guides we all have "nick names" for the Dads and Daughters... (get to the point, you say?)... ahh... well, my Y-Guides nick name (picked by my daughter) is Running Man.

See you around!

Unknown said...

Nice workout... out of all the Clif bars to me that is the worse tasting one.. LOL

runliarun said...

Thank you for stopping by, Running Man. I keep coming upon "messages" about strength exercises, which I am in dire need of. Or so I think. Have no idea how to go about it, he, he. Could not understand half of the words you used to describe them. How fortunate they wrote a book for people like me. It's called "Marathon for Dummies."

teacherwoman said...

Great post! I saw you made a comment over on Javamom's blog, so I had to check it out!

Goodluck on your road to the Richmond Marathon! Nice to see another runner in Bloggerland from South Carolina! I am looking for a possible teaching job on the East coast!

Come check out my blog,
http://running-for-me.blogspot.com