Thursday, January 25, 2007

Tentative Half Marathon Training Plan


Well....I finished the basic template for my half marathon training program. I still need to work out some of the details but here's what I'm thinking so far....

16 Weeks from 1/29 - 5/20
Monday - Strength/Cross Training
Tuesday - Easy Runs
Wednesday - Strength Training
Thursday - Rotate Tempo runs and speedwork
Friday - Easy Run + Strength
Saturday - Rest Day
Sunday - Long Run

As for my diet it will be all unprocessed whole foods. I am following a 50%C 20%P 30%F breakdown. To start my calories will range depending on the day from 2000 to 3200. I will post exact diet breakdown once I finalize. I think this is a good base and this weekend I will finalize my total plan.

Tonight is Cross Training so I will be heading to the gym around 8pm. Have a great Thursday!

No comments: