Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Pushing through Excuses!

Run: 2.7 Miles
Time: 33:57
January Totals
Total Miles: 42.0
Total Cross Training Miles: 21.1
Total Weight loss: 6 pounds

I changed my plan around for the rest of this week. I was originally going to do 5.4 tonight but decided to just do a 2.7 mile recovery run. After my long eight miler yesterday I decided it would be wiser to just do 2.7.

All day today my knee has been kind of acting up for lack of a better term. It's not a sharp pain more of an annoying ache. I decided to run with my knee strap and I'm glad I did as it gave me just a little more support. I don't want to aggravate it any worse then it is and not be able to run in my 5k this weekend. My run tonight was great I felt like I was doing about a 13 min mile pace when in fact I came in at 12:34 and besides being cold the run was really uneventful. My knee felt great through the whole run.

One of the reasons I didn't get out on my run till 9 tonight was once again I was trying to talk myself out of doing it. It seems lately that I have had to really fight the urge to just lay around and be lazy. I did have a really bad headache and I was trying to use that and anything else I could find not to run. Needless to say I got off my butt and put in my miles and you know..., about 1 mile in I realized that my headache was gone and when I completed my run I felt great. Make sure you win those battles and get your workouts done otherwise you will not be successful.

No comments: