Sunday, September 28, 2008

Missing In Blogland...

Wow, it has been a while since I updated here. Things are going well on the fitness front. I've been hitting the weights pretty hard over the last few weeks and have been back and forth running and elliptical training. I've had some problems with my left heel and have been trying to keep the runs limited until it gets back to 100%.

This week I'm going to switch my strength training up a little bit from a 3 day full body to a 4 day split routine. I'm still trying to tweak it a little bit but it will be very similar to the 4 day split I did last summer. My grip training is going really well and I turned a corner with the Captain's of Crush #1 gripper.

CoC #1 (140lb)
Right - 10,8,7,5,4,4,2 (40)
Left - 8,6,5,4,2,2,1 (28)

CoC Trainer (100lb)
Right - 20
Left - 15

Looking forward to getting the #1.5 and the #2 (195). The #2 shows exceptional hand strength if you can crush that one and that is my goal before the end of the year. If I can get that done then in January I start to train solely to crush the #3 and certify.

In non-fitness news my 94 year old grandfather (Poppop) was found slumped over in his room at his nursing home late last week and was taken to the hospital. His kidneys are failing and he also had some infection and fluid in his lungs. Although I've not had the opportunity to spend much time over the last several years with him being so far away he has never strayed very far from my thoughts.

My Poppop is a very special person to me and an amazing man.

Poppop, I am so proud to be your grandson and only hope to model my values and beliefs after yours. You have taught me so many things about life and faith and I will cherish them always. I will miss your smile, I will miss your laugh, I will miss your stories,....I love you.

Jason The Running Man

No comments: