Thursday, July 24, 2008

Yes I Can...

Day 50

Cardio
65 Min Elliptical
5.4 Miles

Grip Training
Right
8,6,4,2
Left
8,6,4,2

Had a great long weekend at my sister's in VA. It was good to get away from Greenville for a few days and enjoy time with family.

I've gotten my resume out to several place over the last week and I have a few opportunities to check in to. I will say this, when you have a challenge in life you really get to see who your true friends are! I've gotten alot of support from some of my old coworkers or should I say, friends. Some I didn't expect to get calls from but did and that was awesome. I appreciate all the support. Life throws those curve balls are way sometimes and support from family and friends are a great way to get through them.

Since I got laid off I've been off my workout schedule but I plan to get back to my orginal plan tomorrow with early morning fasted cardio and lifting at lunch time. Not working has been difficult over the last few weeks, it has been a long time since I've been without a job. I'm hoping that will change, no, I'm praying that will change over the next few weeks.

I have some pretty lofty fitness goals and I've had a few people tell me, basically, you can't do that! Well, can't is not in my dictionary and I WILL achieve those goals. Running in the Richmond marathon is looking like November of 2009 and that will be the focus over the next year as well as overall health and wellness. I remember several people saying to me you can't lose weight and train for a half marathon at the same time....WHAT, well, I proved that wrong by losing 65 pounds and finishing the half marathon and then I followed that up with an international level duathlon, don't ever tell me I can't and don't let anyone tell you, YOU CAN'T!

Some people have said why not run another marathon. No, Richmond is were I grew up and will be the place I complete 26.2 miles. Running a marathon or completing an Ironman has been a goal of mine for a very long time. It may take a few years but I will complete those goals.


All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose. Brian Tracy

No comments: