Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Lunch Time Fun...Moon Light Run...

Run: 6.4 Miles
Time: 1:12:32
Pace: 11:20 pace

Had a great Memorial Day weekend. Got a great lifting session in on Sunday morning and spent the rest of the day with the family. Monday I decided to take the day off from workouts and spent time with the family.

Today I got in another great lifting session at lunch time...

Bench Press 4x10 (added weight)
Incline Press 3x10 (added weight)
Decline Press 3x10 (added weight)
Flat Chest Flyes 3x10
Hammer Curls 4x15
Standing Dumbbell Curls 4x10
Seated Leg Press (lighter weight)
Leg Curl (lighter weight)
Weighted Crunches 4x15

I'm really starting to feel stronger and have already experienced some nice gains. I'm looking forward to more and more as I move along. My weight loss has stalled over the last couple of weeks. I just haven't been as strict with my diet as I need to be. I'm maintaining what I've lost but I need to kick the diet into gear to get some more weight off. I'm going to stick with just maintaining my current weight until after my race on Saturday and then it's full tilt weight loss to get ready for my marathon in November.

Tonight was a great moonlight stroll. No worries about time or pace just took it nice and easy and I was surprised to look down and see over 6 miles as I approached the house. It was such a nice night to run I got a little lost in my thoughts and before I knew it I had gone 6.4 miles. What a great easy run on a great night. Saturday is fast approaching and I'm getting more and more excited as the days pass. Have a great Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. - Jason

8 comments:

streak said...

I am impressed with your plan and commitment. Where is the race this weekend?

David said...

Looks like you have refined your focus to a generally well-rounded fitness with weights, some running, and some cycling (versus body-building specific or even an endurance athlete). That really is an excellent decision, since you will be healthier, be able to do more activity, look great, and aren't locked into any specific training track.

Getting the weight loss train rolling again can be difficult, though. One thing you probably need to consider is that you are undoubtedly building muscle mass (as evidenced by increased weight and easier lifting sessions), so the weight may balance out even though you are losing inches. Maybe you can try grazing all day, making a meal last for an hour or more and then half a banana about 1 hour later, a spoon of PB an hour later, etc. Tricks your body into thinking there's no need to store any of the calories for a fasting period later.

Good job on the weights!

Wes said...

Everybody plateaus. I have twice now. I'm sure you have more than that. I can almost assure you that when you reach your long runs for the marathon distance, weight is going to FLEE! I'm sure you will get close to your ideal weight. That is my goal too :-)

Ms Eva said...

I really need to start incorporating weight training into my plan. Thanks for providing inspiration. :)

sunshine said...

Good luck this weekend! Glad to hear you're starting to take it easy before Saturday. You'll want to make sure you have some fresh legs!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Gotta Run..... said...

You just have to love the runs where you get lost in your own thoughts.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your run.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Goood Job Jason, nice to get lost with your thoughts on a run!!

Have a great race this weekend!!

Mir said...

Nice run--it's awesome when it feels so effortless. I'm glad you had a nice weekend with your family. Good luck at the race this weekend!