Monday, April 2, 2007

March Totals

Before I get to my March totals I want to update my workouts from the weekend.

Friday
Run: 4.1 Miles (Treadmill)
Time: 43:00 (10:30 pace)

Saturday
Run: 4 Miles
Time: 50:00 (12:30 pace)
Bike: 22.4 Miles
Time: 1:44:12
Avg. Speed: 13mph
Strength Training: 4x20 Calf Raises, 4x10 Lat Pulldown, 4x10 Incline Bench, 4x15 Bench Press, 4x10 Shoulder Press, 4x10 Decline Bench Press, 3x15 Regular Curls, 3x15 Hammer Curls, and 4x15 weighted crunches.

I met my good friend Stephen Saturday morning around 8:15 at Donaldson center. After gearing up we finally took off around 8:30. It was a little colder, a nice 55 degrees but the wind was really blowing at certain areas of the course. The plan was to at least get three laps around the 7.1 mile course. First lap went great and my legs felt strong. There are only two hills that seem to challenge me on this course. The first is right near the beginning and the second towards the end of the course. The first two laps we attacked with no issues but by the third lap the wind was definitely a challenge. After the second lap we stopped and took about a 2 minute break off the saddle for some water and a stretch and then back to it for the final lap. On the last lap going up one of the longer low grade hills the wind was so strong I think we slowed to around 6mph but once we got to the top and made the right turn we were back up to speed. The last hill I attacked it hard and really pushed it to my limit. We did about a mile cool down around the Naval Reserve Center before finishing up. Just over an hour and half at an average speed of about 13mph. Stephen and I talked for about 15 minutes and then I was off to eat some lunch. Great ride with a good friend, thanks Stephen it was a blast.

After eating some lunch I felt really good and since the wife and daughter were out shopping I decided to head off to the gym for some strength training. Spent about an hour hitting the weights and then took about a 15 minute break and jumped on the treadmill for an easy paced 4 mile run. Even though the run wasn't easy I was excited about the amount of energy I had left after doing the bike ride and the strength workout. Busy Saturday.

Sunday
Strength Training: 4x20 Calf Raises, 4x10 Lat Pulldown, 4x10 Incline Bench, 4x15 Bench Press, 4x10 Shoulder Press, 4x10 Decline Bench Press, 3x15 Regular Curls, 3x15 Hammer Curls, and 4x15 weighted crunches.

Sunday afternoon headed off to the gym for another great strength session. After the long weekend I decided to make Monday a rest day.

March Totals
Running Miles: 61.1 Miles
Biking Miles: 29.6 Miles
Strength Training: 8 Workouts (Avg 2 per week)
Weight Loss: 6 Pounds
Races: 0
Longest Run: 11.1 Miles
Longest Bike: 22.4 Miles
Fastest Pace: 9:29 for 3.5 Miles

Overall I'm ok with my March totals. I didn't hit my goals but considering the Allergies, stomach bugs, and other challenges, I feel good about what I did in March.

Right now however I feel like I'm coming down with something. I thought it was my allergies but this afternoon I started developing a sore throat and a mild fever. Hopefully I will be fine in the morning. There is one thing that really annoys me about people at work, they come sick and spread their germs. If your sick stay home, end of story! Drives me crazy, can you tell?:)

Well, sorry for the long entry but I wanted to get caught up from the weekend fun. - Jason The Running Man

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your entries are never too long. Great job on the March totals

Darrell said...

That was a great workout you put together on Saturday. Kudos to you.

Sorry to hear about your friend and your uncle.