Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Back to Normal Routine

Run: 7 Miles
Time: 1:21:11 (11:35 pace)
March Totals
Running Miles: 44.2
Biking Miles: 7.1 Miles
Weight Loss: 2 pounds

Wow, what a crazy past week and half I've had. Last week when my laptop crashed I lost what I thought was a month of fitness data. It turned out to be 4 months of data. Luckily I've also been recording my mileage at Running Ahead as a backup. My laptop is now fully back up and running as of this afternoon. Through a crashing laptop, longer hours at work, and a weekend out of town trip I only missed one workout. I wish I could report I didn't miss any but I'm really pleased to have only missed one workout. I am behind on my bike mileage but should put a nice dent in that this weekend as I plan to ride around Donaldson center.

Tonights run was actually rough for me. Just couldn't seem to get into a good rythym. Just had a difficult time pushing through 7 miles. I was pleased with my pace because I felt like it was going to be in the 13 min mile pace range so to come in around 11:35ish was one positive thing from a struggling run. Overall happy to get in 7 miles tonight. Last week I only got in 11.1 miles and the workout I missed was my long run. I did get all three strength training sessions in last week though and I'm seeing some really good gains in that department. My weight loss did stall over the last 2 weeks but after adjusting my calories I should see some good weight loss over the next week.

Here is a snap shot of my 7 mile run from tonight.

Pace








Elevation








This past weekend me my father-in-law and another friend of ours Russ went down to the Run to the Sun car show in Mrytle Beach, South Carolina. My father-in-law has a 1971 Buick Skylark GS and Russ has a 1971 Buick Skylark GSX that we entered in to the show. We had a great time and both cars showed very well. Here are a few pictures from the fun weekend.


1971 Buick GSX











1971 Buick GS































3 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you're back and blogging, Jason!

Great job on pushing through a tough run. I know how difficult it can be when the run seems harder than it should.

My dad would have loved to go to the car show with you! LOL! He is really into that type of thing. It reminds him of his younger years and all the cool cars he used to own. :)

Unknown said...

Great job keeping up on your training in the face of adversity. Every athlete has days when they just don't feel it. Just shake it off and remember there is always tomorrow.

I'm not much of a car buff, but I can tell that a lot of time and attention has gone into those cars. Sounds like you had fun.

Good luck on your ride!

Unknown said...

Glad you are posting again and those cars look Cherry