Sunday, February 11, 2007

Long Steady Sunday

Run: 7.2 Miles
Time: 1:25:48 (11:55 pace)
February Totals
Running Miles: 24
Biking Miles: 14

Started out on my run around 1:20 this afternoon and I don't mean to brag but it is sunny and 51 degrees. I couldn't ask for better weather! I started out on a nice easy slow pace and the first three miles felt great. When I hit that fourth mile I really started to feel it in my legs. At the end of mile five I started to get a second wind and was able to push a little harder. Mile six I started to feel soreness in my back and it only seem to get worse as I started my last mile. I was glad it was my last mile but I was able to finish strong and fight through the back soreness. I'm really excited about my conditioning through the run. Not once did I have to stop and walk and the only time I got winded were on the hills. I hit my goal of under 12 minute mile pace..WAHOO!

Keep in mind I did not hydrate or fuel myself in anyway during the run. I did about two hours before the run have 32 ounces of water and about 700 calories and I have to say I felt ok. I will probably pick up a fuel belt before next Sunday and take water on my next long run just in case. There were times I had to fight the urge to just stop and walk and those are the mental battles you have to win to be successful, and today I was able to do that. Great day, great run and truly a well earned rest day tomorrow! Yahoo! My last full rest day was February first, way too long to go. I will update my nutrition totals from this weekend either tonight or tomorrow morning. Hope everyone has a great Sunday afternoon! - Jason The Running Man

2 comments:

Ruslan said...

Hey Jason! Good job - keep it up!!!

Michelle said...

Sounds like an overall good run!!!

I need to work on hydrating and fueling myself during my runs. I'm sure it will help with my performance!