Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Just Do It

Run: 3.7 Miles
Time: 39:49 (10:46)
February Totals
Running Miles: 39.6
Biking Miles: 57.4

All day I've been fighting this head cold. By the time I got home and ate some dinner I was really settled in.

I looked up at the clock and it read 8:00. I was in full procrastination mode and not ready to get up for my run, so, I sat.....looked at the clock again and it read 9:00. You see where this is headed don't you? What seemed to be a few minutes passing I looked again and it was 9:50 and I was still sitting. I sat up and said to myself, "what am I doing", get off your bum and do your workout. So, I got up, put on my running clothes, laced them up, and headed out to run. It would have been very easy to just blow my run off and go to bed early but I didn't. I was able to overcome. I was able to push through all my excuses and I'm glad I did. Turned out to be a really good run. I did have some breathing issues due to the head cold but after the first mile I was able to find a good rhythm. I also did not take my Ipod on this run and it didn't bother me like I thought it might.

I know I've said it time and time again but if you give in to those excuses you will never be successful. Just do it....get it done....don't give in....get up....and just do it! You will be glad you did. - Jason the Stuffy Head Running Man

2 comments:

Sunflower said...

Keep up your good work!

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog and supporting me!

I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Mir said...

One of the best feelings in the world is that feeling when you succeed in getting yourself out the door despite your mind trying to convince your body not to go. I'm glad you had a good run!