Monday, January 29, 2007

Weight Training Fun

Well, I have one word to describe my workout...P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!! My last weight training session was back in early October. What an awakening tonight, it just reaffirms that my training plan needs that 3 day a week weight training.

Got to the gym around 8:15 tonight and here is a run down of my workout.

Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 20
Lat pulldown: 3 sets of 15
Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 10
Regular Curls: 3 sets of 10
Leg Press: 3 sets of 15
Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 10
Decline Bench Press: 3 sets of 10

By the end of that I was beat. I'm really excited to jump into the weights three days week and look forward to adding a good bit of muscle before my duathlon in June. I believe that weight training is an essential part of any training plan no matter what your goals. Building muscle plays such an important role in overall fitness. Even a two day a week plan will do wonders.

Monday Nutrition Totals
Calories: 1727
Carbs: 208g (48.18%)
Protein: 92g (21.31%)
Fat: 57g (29.70%)
Saturated Fat: 13g
Sugar: 43.5g (all organic sugar)
Fiber: 26.5g
Water: 96 ounces

You know above I mentioned how important weight training is, well, nutrition is even more important not just for training goals but for just healthy living.

Weight Loss Totals for January
9 pounds

I'm very pleased with my weight loss totals. I've been averaging around 10 pounds a month. For safe weight loss I would recommend no more then 2 to 3 pounds a week. Tomorrow is an easy run day 2.7 miles. Well that's all for now have a safe Monday night and a great Tuesday morning.

No comments: