Friday, January 19, 2007

A Night at the Gym

Cross Training: 5.2 Miles (Elliptical)
Time: 1:05:00
Total Miles for Jan: 31.2
Total Cross Training for Jan: 21.1



I got home from work around 5:15 tonight and had a good dinner with the family. My daughter went down for bed around 8pm or at least shes in the bed. She always fights going to bed and says shes not tired however, she's sound asleep in 30 min. and I seriously doubt a marching band would wake her up. I grabbed my Ipod (gotta have my tunes) and was out the door and on my way to the gym which, is about a 15 minute drive from my house. This time of year the gym is always slammed with people and their New Years resolution of getting fit and losing weight. Of course, by mid February most have dropped out and gone back to their unhealthy lifestyles. I know I used to be one of them and I will be the first to tell you it's not easy. Back in Jan. of 2004 I was over 300 pounds and smoked a pack of cigs a day. I was always dreaming of getting fit and never achieving it. Well, those days are gone and if your in the position I was in back in 2004 you can refuse to lose like I did and make it happen. Ok, I'll stop preaching.:)

So, I get to the gym and I like to use the Elliptical machine for cross training. I spent 65 minutes and went 5.2 miles tonight and felt fantastic after my workout. I always get a kick out of watching people in the gym while I'm working out. Some come in for 30 minutes do two exercises in 10 minutes and talk for 20 minutes and then leave, never breaking a sweat. Oh well, to each is own I guess. Once I got home I took a nice shower and now I'm just relaxing.


Well, it's time to hit the sack, have a great night.

No comments: