Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Never Give Up

Run: 2.8 Miles
Time: 32:55 (11:45 pace)
January Totals
Running Miles: 50.6
Cross Training Miles: 26.5
Bike Miles: 5.5

Tonight I scheduled 2.8 miles. Since I'm starting my 16 week training program on Monday February 5th I'm going to keep this weeks mileage nice and easy.

I really didn't want to run tonight at all. I kept trying to talk myself out of running...I know...I know same old story. It's very easy to just give in and lay around and be lazy. It may be just one day but one day turns in to two days and two days turns in to three and on and on....until your back to your old unhealthy ways. I just keep telling myself, "self, stay on track don't give up don't ever give up"!

If your trying to accomplish something and you don't have any reason behind it or nothing driving you, you WILL NOT be successful! That thing that drives you is what pushes you through the times when you don't want to workout. Right it down on a piece of paper and stick it in your wallet or purse, find a quote or a song that drives you, do whatever it takes and never ever give up the fight. Being fit and healthy goes way beyond running a marathon or doing a triathlon, those are just tools to help me be fit and healthy. Start with one thing and for most it starts with believing in yourself, believing that you will be successful. Take your road to fitness one day at a time, set your goals, and most importantly B-E-L-I-E-V-E in yourself! You can do it!

Have a great Night - Jason The Running Man
"Some people dream of success while others wake up and achieve it"

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks Jason. It's good to know that you're still struggling with the motivation and wanting to not do it even after all this time. I'm struggling too, but pushing myself through it.

Jessica