Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cold and Windy

Run: 2.7 Miles
Time: 30:35 (11:20)
Total Miles for Jan.: 25.8

Last night I got into watching American Idol. I love watching the people that can't sing. There were some real interesting folks attempting to sing last night (if you can call it singing). Because I got into watching I didn't get out to my run until about 9:15.

It was about 35 degrees and windy when I started off on the run. The first mile went great but into the second mile the wind was really making life difficult for me. I came in at 30:35 about 11 min pace. Not too bad considering. Tonight, I have 5.4 and I'll be taking it easy.

My plan for training is as follows. I will be following a 4 day running plan. Sunday will be cross training day, Monday, Tuesday will be easy runs, Wednesday and Thursday I will alternate tempo, speedwork, and cross training, Friday is a rest day, and Saturday is my long run day. I also plan to incorporate core and strength training 3 days a week.

I have not started this training plan as of yet, still working to tweak it here or there. Right now I'm running 4 days a week and cross training 2 days and resting one day.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: