Sunday, July 6, 2008

Working Hard & On Track...

Day 32

Workouts
65 Minute Elliptical
5.1 Miles
20 second break
Stationary Bike
45 Minutes
11.7 Miles

It felt really good to work hard in the gym today. This week will be back to my normal strength training schedule. Despite being sick I'm glad I still got some good workouts in but I need to get back to the lifting.

The house is back to a nice cool 72 degrees today. Actually this morning I let it get down to about 68, just a tad on the chilly side!:) Just happy that's behind us and it wasn't worse then it was. Gracie starts her art classes this week with her cousin and she is excited about it. They should have a lot of fun for the next week and half. I know Ashli will enjoy the break during the day. Ashli won't start back up with her work until the fall so she can be with Gracie over the summer. I think it's very important that we spend as much time as we can with Gracie now because it will soon change as she gets older. These are such important times for Gracie as she continues to grow and learn so much, I know I don't want to miss a second of it if I can help it. Workouts and fitness will always take a back seat to Gracie and Ashli when needed. My cardio is done before she is up in the morning and my lifting done after she goes to bed. This weekend I wanted to workout more but I'm glad I didn't and I'm glad that time was spent with Ashli and Gracie. It's all about Balance and moderation and realizing what's really important!

This week will bring 5 days of fasted early morning cardio, mainly elliptical and 3 nights of lifting, Mon/Wed/Fr. The nutrition will be spot on all week and I hope to see a couple of pounds come off! Well, the holiday weekend is about to come to a close and despite a few issues I think it turned out pretty good! Have a great Sunday afternoon!

I leave you with this...

"I cannot have survival as my only goal. That would be too boring. My goal is to come back in my best running form. It is good for me to have that goal; it will help me."Ludmila Engquist (Olympic champion hurdler facing cancer and chemotherapy)

1 comment:

Mary Gee said...

Some times I need to remember that I really have it very very good. Thank you for that quote.