Thursday, July 3, 2008

Extended Weekend...

Day 29

Workout
65 Min Elliptical Fasted
5.2 Miles

Cardio workout felt great but I really can't wait to start hitting the weights more consistently. I really pushed hard during my cardio and did my first mile in 11:50 which is pretty decent on the elliptical.

We have no major plans for this fine Independence Day weekend but I'm sure it will involve watching some fireworks at some point, Gracie will make sure of that! Ashli signed her up for her art day camp today which actually starts next week. Her cousin Morgan is also going to be in the classes with her and they're looking forward to it. They're going to do some really neat stuff and I can't wait to see what she creates!

For the past several weeks I've been looking into increasing my grip strength. Last night I decided to pick up my first set of grippers. I purchased the Captain of Crush - Trainer. They have several levels of grippers but the advice for beginners is to start with the trainer and work your way up the different levels. Probably in another month I will purchase the number one gripper but we'll see how I do with the trainer. Captain of Crush is the gold standard when it comes to quality grippers. I'm looking forward to receiving them in a few days and will post my grip workouts as well.

Well, on to my extended weekend of fireworks and fun! I hope everyone has a fabulous 4th of July weekend!

I will leave you with this...

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”
Lance Armstrong

No comments: