Sunday, June 17, 2007

Weight Dropping...

My weight is really starting to fall off. I'm now at a new cutting low of 208 pounds. Had a great Saturday at my sister's in Rock Hill, SC. The will power was tested yesterday and I succeeded. I passed up pizza, cake, ice cream, and candy and planned my own meals for the day. Planning my meals out day to day is a big reason for my weight loss success. I've jumped on the weight loss train and I ain't gettin' off for a while!:)

Yesterday was a full day of rest from workouts and a good rest at that. Now it's time to kick up the running mileage again and get back to it. Strength workouts will continue at the normal 4 day a week plan this week. I'm going to make a strong attempt at getting up at the unholy hour of 5:30am and do a 3 mile run...did that sound convincing?:) Will see how it goes! Strength training at lunch and family time in the evening for tomorrow. My pushup challenge is going really well. This afternoon I did my 17 pushups with no problems and I went a head and did 20 crunches as well. Tomorrow will be 18.

My nutrition today was as follows...

8:00 am: 1 Large Banana, 32oz water
10:30am: 1 cup oatmeal, 2tbsp Natural Peanut Butter, 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup, 32oz water
1:30am: 1 ruby red grapefruit, 32oz water
4:00pm: 1 organic whole wheat wrap, 4oz of boars head turkey, 1 roma tomato, 1/4 cup feta cheese, 1 tbsp organic light balsamic vinaigrette, 1 diet cherry pepsi
6:00pm: 1 organic whole wheat wrap, 4oz of boars head turkey, 1 roma tomato, 1/4 cup feta cheese, 1 tbsp organic light balsamic vinaigrette, 32oz water
8:00pm: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 tbsp smucker's red raspberry sugar free jelly, 32oz water

This calculates to just over 1800 calories for the day. I have to say that turkey wrap I made was really good. So good at 4pm I had it again two hours later.:) I hope all the fathers out there had a great Father's day! I know I did. There was nothing better this morning then getting a homemade father's day card from my 4 year old Gracie! It was awesome when she looked up at me and said...."your the best daddy I've ever had, happy father's day daddy!!!!":) I chuckled and gave her a big kiss and hug! Awesome...just awesome! Have a great Monday morning. - Jason

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go on the weight loss!!

And Happy Father's Day, Jason!

Scott McMurtrey said...

congrats on the weight loss.

and good luck getting up at 5:30am... :)

Jess said...

That does sound like a delicious wrap: thanks for including the ingredients -- I might test it out!

Wes said...

Congratulations on the new weight PR :-) Keep workin it! You'll be a marathon stud in no time!!

streak said...

Great job with the weight loss. Best of luck with the 5:30 wake and run!

Marcy said...

Rub it in my man, rub it in! LOL! I'll be wishing I did the same thing as you (dropping the track days) at about week 5 of training hehe

AWESOME job on the weight loss!! That's GREAT! You've been REALLY good about resisting the temptations too!

Gabe said...

1800 calories,,,man I don't think I could get back down to that kinda eating. You are definitely determined. Just rememeber as those miles start increasing so does the need for calories. I'd hate to see you waste away the muscle you've been building. Stay Strong.

Unknown said...

Fantastic job with the weight loss! You are really doing well. I wouldn't worry about losing muscle, either. You want lean, strong muscle, not bulk anyway. Doing the things you are doing, that's exactly what you will have.

Great job!

Mary Gee said...

That is one impressive diet! No wonder you are losing weight!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the continued weight loss. There's nothing like an early morning run before 6 a.m. to set you up for a successful day.