Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Improving Speed

Run: 3.1 Miles
Time: 26:55
Pace: 8:41
April Totals
Running: 23.3 Miles
Biking: 0 Miles

Tonight I was going to do a 4 mile easy run but when I got to the gym I decided to do my tempo run tonight. This is the fastest I have gone for 3 miles to date. Even though it was on a treadmill with no incline I'm very happy to be able to hold under a 9 minute pace. I did the first mile in 9 flat and decided to up the pace. My mile 2 time was 8:30 and the last 1.1 I was able to do in 9:25. This is my absolute max speed. I was working very hard to hold that pace after the first mile and don't think I could have safely gone any faster. Being able to keep track of my heart rate is one thing I like about the treadmill. I'm wishing now that I got the Garmin 305 that has the heart rate monitor included.

I should be down another pound by tomorrow morning and I'm glad that my first low carb day yesterday went well. I'm hoping to be able to drop another 5 pounds before the half in 2 weeks. I'm really going to be very strict with my diet over the next 2 weeks and work very hard to stay away from all the garbage food at work. I've done a good job staying away so far but it hasn't been easy. Tomorrow night is strength training and another low carb, high protein day.

My protein is coming from grilled chicken, cottage cheese, eggs, and I do supplement with the protein powder Nitrean. I mix it in a blender with a little ice, low carb Hood 2% milk, and Natural Peanut Butter. Mmm Yum! One of my favorite meals. Tonight Ashli (my wife) made me a great salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, ice berg lettuce, feta cheese, and 8oz of grilled chicken. It was very tasty. Ok, I need to stop the food talk I'm getting hungry! Well, have a great night what's left, Oh, I just looked at the clock and it's already past midnight. I guess I should say good morning! - Jason The Running Man

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jason.. good to see you are getting faster! Food and nutrients are vital as we up the tempo and mileage. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

At Large Powders rule