Thursday, April 5, 2007

Great Release

Run: 3.1 Miles
Time: 29:25
Pace: 9:30
April Totals
Running Miles: 3.1
Biking Miles: 0
Weight Loss: 0

The funeral for Rusty Frazier went well but was very difficult. My heart goes out to Russ and his family. It was an emotionally draining time. Below is a picture of Rusty.

I did get some good news about my Uncle George last night. The tumor he has is called a Meningioma and is very rarely malignant. My Uncle is doing much better and is not in any pain at the moment. They are planning to remove the tumor on Friday and will know if its cancerous or not at that point. I'm so glad to hear he is doing better. Thanks for all the warm comments I received over the past few days.

After I got off the phone with my father I headed out the door to the gym. I decided once again to do a high tempo 5k. Did the first mile in 9:40 and that's where my mind started to wander. I started thinking about the days events with the funeral and my Uncle and before I knew it I was over 2.1 miles. I pushed hard through the last mile and finished in 29:25. It was a great release to get out there and run hard.

I'm debating right now on whether to sign up for the 5k this weekend at Furman University. If I signup today its only 10 bucks. I will decide before the day is done. I'm still trying to get over this sore throat and sinus congestion and this weekend is going to be colder then normal. It may be in the low 30's for the race Saturday morning. I really need to get a long run in and since it is Easter weekend I may do a long run Saturday morning instead of the race. I need to remember my Half is fast approaching. I hope everyone has a great Thursday. - Jason The Running Man

3 comments:

Neese said...

Rusty was really handsome. I'm so sorry for his loss.

That run of yours had to be bitter sweet, indeed -- nice pace Jason.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear your uncle is doing better. I'm wishing him all the best for his surgery.

As for the race...run it...you know you want to run it...

Mir said...

Very relieved to hear the good news about your uncle!