Sunday, February 18, 2007

Cycling Sunday

Bike: 17.4 Miles
Time: 65:00
February Totals
Running Miles: 35.9
Biking Miles: 47.4
Weight Loss: 3 Pounds

Well, today I decided to do a long bike ride instead of my long run. I ran four days last week and I feel good about giving my joints the rest from the pounding. I decided to do my ride on the stationary bike at the gym which allows me to practice a good cadence and measure my heart rate. I felt really strong through the first 15 miles and the last 2.4 tested me pretty good. I really feel good about my cycling training so far.

My calories today will be above 2400 so much better in that department. This week will be concentrating on running and getting ready for my 8k on Saturday. I really haven't thought about any time goals for the race. I guess I would be happy running in the 11 minute mile pace range. This will be my first race beyond the 5k distance and I can't wait it should be fun and challenging. I hope everyone has a great Sunday night! - Jason The Running Man

4 comments:

Darrell said...

Jason, I got here through Neese's blog. Good job with the weight loss. Have a great race at the 8K. Richmond is on my to do list. I look forward to reading your perspective this fall.

Unknown said...

Keep your eye on the prize this Saturday and you will do great

Neese said...

Hey Jason I see you are looking to run an 11 pace as well!! that's what I'm shooting for ..BUT I have to prepare myself because there are several hills/inclines on the course! Have a good week!

Michelle said...

You will do great!!

Oh, and congrats on buying yourself a Garmin! You will love it!! Maybe we can be Garmin buddies!! :)