Thursday, February 22, 2007

Crunching Data

Run: 5.2 Miles
Time: 57:06 (10:54 pace)
February Totals
Running Miles: 48.5
Biking Miles: 57.4

Well all I have to say is WOW! I love my Garmin! What an incredible tool. I did spend a little too much time looking at it but that's to be expected.

I felt great tonight and decided to do the 8k distance tonight and then take my well earned day of rest tomorrow. Didn't get out to run until about 9:30 pm. The weather has just been fantastic as today the temp reached 78 degrees. I would say it was still in the high 50's on my run, perfect. I mapped out my run with the RunningAhead site this morning before I got my Garmin and RunningAhead had the distance at 4.94 miles. When I finished and looked down my Garmin read 5.2. I've noticed with the route websites that they are all off about .2 to .3 miles. On my bike I have the CatEye Micro Wireless computer and I noticed the same trend, as well as driving the distance. The run was great and a good one to finish before the race on Saturday. I'm pumped and ready to go. My goal for Saturday is to just finish in under an hour. Based on tonights run that should be achievable.

On a cool side note one of the blogs that I read is Neese who is also from Greenville and is also running the Green Valley on Saturday. It will be cool too catch up with her and chat. These blogs have a way of really making this a small world! Check out the neat data from Garmin's software, Training Center, from tonights run. Have a great night. - Jason The Running Man










5 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay for the Garmin!!

I told you it's awesome!

I have found the same trend with those mapping Web sites. I trust my Garmin to be more accurate. :)

Unknown said...

Awesome Gizmo

J~Mom said...

Congrats on the Garmin!! I love mine!!

How did you get the graph into your blog? I would love to be able to do that!

J~Mom said...

BTW, your run was so consistent through out! Excellent job!! Someday I hope to get rid of the starts and stops!

Good luck at your race and give Neese a big hug around her neck from Javamom! :>)

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

I love my Garmin, too. I feel kinda geeky when I run with it, but I never leave home (for a run) without it. I always tell myself that one day I'll leave it behind and just go for a fun run, but that never happens. I'm addicted to that little gadget. ;)